When checking identification, make sure that you accept only valid IDs that are acceptable by Washington State law. Please visit our Selling Responsibly  page for the latest information on your important role in keeping alcohol out of the hands of minors and those who are apparently intoxicated. Please use this printable form  to print and post at your business.
Identification MUST be valid (not expired) and show:
The bearer's date of birth,
The bearer's signature (except US Military ID – see below)
A photograph of Bearer
Types of Acceptable ID
1. Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or I.D. Card issued by any U.S. State, U.S. Teritory and District of Columbia.
2. Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or I.D. Card issued by any Canadian Province
3. Valid Washington State Temporary Driver’s License
4. U.S. Armed Forces I.D. Card (Encrypted signature acceptable)
5. Merchant Marine I.D. Card issued by the U.S. Coast Guard
6. Official Passport
7. Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card (No expiration date required)
LIQ 317 05/12